Old August 30th 11, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Westbender

Default Revisiting the Cambridge Model 20 OLC failures...

Ok, I could use a little schooling on these converted cai files.
Here's the message from Juergen @ OLC regarding the problems with the
files. He sent this about 3 or 4 files ago.

"The signature in the .igc file was missing. The validation procedure
only can validate the binary .cai file. Therefore the .igc file for
the OLC consists of three parts: The plain igc records, the signature
and the embedded .cai file. The server splits this combined file and
checks the .cai file and the signature. Without that signature the
file is invalid. I extracted the .cai file from the .igc file,
converted it again with my own procedure (you can find it attached)
and replaced the file in the flight claim with this new one."

Vali-cam shows the cai file to be fine, so I'm assuming that's not the
problem. When I look at the igc file, I can see two "G" records. Are
these the "signature" records that Juergen is referring to? What other
kind of signature file is there besides what's in the original cai
file?