Old June 1st 04, 11:13 PM
pacplyer

Del Rawlins wrote in message ...
In pacplyer wrote:

No Morgan, BWB's right. You're pretty clueless up there in your
hillbilly log cabin. Bill knows I'll buy him a beer some time and
show him my licences. Or take him down and preflight a ten sometime.
But unlike you, he is experienced with jet equipment and recognizes a
fellow jet operator. You simply don't have any experience in anything
to be able to spot a jet operator. Do you know what a pt2 and pt7
sensor is? Ever heard of EPR? Do you know what a PDU or an ACM is?
How about ECAM or GPWS? Three of these are not on DC-10's. Which
ones Morgan?

How about something operational. Whats a TOGA t/o? Can you do this
on any dash ten model or just on dash 30 models? Can you land with
the center gear retracted? Would that be on a late model or early
model DC10? If you TOGA at DH minimums will the gear contact the
runway in the fog? When will this happen?

Who here other than you and BWB really gives a ****? This is NOT rec.
aviation.jet-jocks; most of us are here because this is a hobby. This
newsgroup is devoted to small light planes constructed by amateurs for
education and recreation so you might get a more positive response if
you took your rantings to a more appropriate newsgroup. And not that it
matters, but I do know what most of your acronyms mean.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/

Yes, you are right Del. My having flown the big iron is not valid
here. (But I didn't bring it up.) My post was in response to Morgans
shooting from the hip on a subject he clearly knows nothing about. If
I was to tell you that I don't believe you're a Bearhawk Builder, and
you respond with specific problems you've encountered that are unique
to Bearhawk builders and nobody lurking challenges your claims, then
it's likely you're telling the truth. But if I'm paranoid like Bernie
the Butt**** and Morgans I won't beleive it since I did a search on
google and only came up with the marketing page. Del, you and others
here, I think, are still missing the more salient point of the value
of long term building and flying experience. Most of you don't have
this depth of experience. While you might be able to parrot these
basic airline 101 acronyms above, this doesn't make you a jet pilot.
There's no way you could answer the operational questions I posed
above since you've never flown the equipment. This exposes you as
unqualified to run off somebody who is discussing the DC10. But
you're probably qualified right now to run somebody off who is
spreading untruths about bearhawk building in this forum. Does one
project make you an expert builder? No. Does it give you the mandate
to run off more experienced builders/flyers who use foul language? No.

Jets are irrelevant here, true. I used to fly FAA proving runs and
teach jet groundschool. As an ATP I trained new co-pilots for eight
years. Who gives a ****! I agree. I don't hang out here to learn or
teach jets. I've already done all that. I hang out here to be
entertained by guys like BWB and learn a few things about homebuilding
in the process. It's just rec: (stands for recreation.) All this bad
blood between you people is ridiculous. When are you ever going to
get over it?

pac