Old July 4th 05, 02:29 PM

Matt Barrow wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
So you wonder what's going to happen to general aviation because of the
high prices of avgas? Acquire yourself an aircraft which will fly on
auto fuel.

I have a lovely 172G with autogas STC and will sell it to you for a
reasonable price.

Why fly a 172 when you shortly will be able to rum the big iron? There's a
Lycoming TSIO-540 running in OK on avgas.

http://www.engineteststand.com/testdata.htm

http://www.taturbo.com/prismad.jpg

I'll believe that when I see it. Test stands are inadequate to
simulate flight conditions. In the meantime only low-power,
lower-compression engines are legal for mogas.

Cylinder pressures, heat, and many other considerations in a TSIO-540
don't make it a good candidate for high-volatility mogas. I don't know
of any injected or turbocharged aircraft engine which could safely run
on mogas.

We have big-engine aircraft like Pathfinders and Bonanzas on our field
with vapor-lock all the time, and that's with the blue gas.