Old December 27th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
scooter

Default Wax, Teflon, Wx?

wrote:
Scott-

The Astroshield website on the link states that the product works best
on non-porous surfaces. To my knowledge, Gel-coat is somewhat porous,
and definitely so where there are cracks. I assume you have been using
it for a while. Any signs of your wings falling off? ;-)

Mark

Mark;

Wings are holding...

I had a rocker panel painted on a car waxed with astro shield. The
paint shop did not do the prep well and and the paint came off in a
perfect mold of the rocker panel...

My gel has been sanded and compounded - pretty smooth these days. The
down side is that the wings are hard to hold on to to rig :-)

Scott