Old October 27th 20, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Js3 jet catastrophic failure.

I'd be curious to know which Jetcat models. The P300 and P400 have the ignitors situated differently than the smaller engines and I found that the wrong location contributed to faster wear. Also, the most typical reason for failed ceramic ignitors (that I've experienced) was from too much voltage. The ignitors that Jetcat uses are very happy with 6V and that's plenty for consistent starts but I know of a lot of guys that crank theirs up. Was the starter problem perhaps a jammed open bendix that was holding the o-ring against the compressor nut? Or were they disengaged and the motor itself was jammed up? The former is always an easy pre-flight fix but the latter is obviously the motor. If that was the case, is it brushed or brushless?

I'll admit I'm a bit of a jet addict and always trying to eliminate their nuances. Sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting the technical stuff but maybe it will help others.