Old August 14th 06, 10:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default OLV GPS 36 approach question

Greg Esres wrote:

To you it may be clearly permissive, to me it only implies that ATC
can assign an altitude higher than the TAA area altitude.

That's what I thought you say. ;-) However, the sentence says "obey
minimum altitudes". Any assigned higher altitude already obeys
minimums, so the following phrase would be unnecessary. Not obeying
minimums means going below. In English, anyway.

But, using English without context is folly. I provided you with the
7110.65R cites, which negates your assessment of the words in the abstract.