Old April 15th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gav Goudie[_2_]

Default Slow Down, Speed up

UK BGA: rudder for too fast and ailerons for too slow (in 20 years of being

around winch sites I have never seen or used the latter) I am staggered
that
the alternative method is used anywhere, even if the correct and expected
pre
cursor is to lower the nose and unload the airframe.

GG

(It's more like 25 years now that I think of it!)

At 20:53 15 April 2009, John Cochrane wrote:

In Denmark, it's exactly the opposite...

Yaw/Rudder for speed up, Roll/Ailerons for slow down and they are the
same in Germany as far as I know.

Interesting. I remember the US signals by remembering that if I'm slow
on the edge of a stall the last thing I want to do is aggressive
ruddering.

John Cochrane