Old September 28th 09, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Silicon free polishes?

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:34:39 -0700, Darryl Ramm wrote:

On Sep 27, 1:56Â*pm, Gilbert Smith wrote: [snip]
Maybe it has other brand names, but I use Carlack (or PolyLack because
it has a sailplane on the label). Easy to use and silicone free as far
as I know.

I use Mer 'Ultimate Car Polish', a UK product, on my airframe. Its MSDS
shows it to be non hazardous and doesn't list silicone, *but* their FAQ
says that their polish contains silicone and that all polishes contain it.

I also use Sparkle on my canopy. Its a US product and was apparently
developed during WW2 to clean B-29 canopies. I haven't found an MSDS but
they say the product contains only water, a mixture of glycols and a
purple tint.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK