Old July 4th 14, 07:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian[_2_]

Default Schleicher Power/Solar rotary switch specs?

On 04/07/2014 01:08, Steve Koerner wrote:

I think there's a better way to address the problem... Each item on
your panel has an associated double pole, center off power switch.
So every item can be individually connected to one battery or the
other. When you are powering up your panel, you assigned batteries
to the various gadgets in a way that pretty much balances the load.

I have this in my panel. But instead of a whole row of switches I just
have two. The instruments are in two groups, one group on each switch.
Each group can be powered of on or the other battery or isolated completely.

Still if I need to switch the FLARM/Vario between batteries I loose my
GPS fix and final glide calcs in the vario. Not too cool.

I have also got a pair of diodes to draw from the best battery - but
that just powers the logger and the U/C warning. I would not want this
on my transponder as I often leave it on the weakest battery with the
intention of switching it off if the battery goes flat while I reserve
the good battery for more essential equipment like the radio and final
glide computer.

There is no single easy answer to this.

Ian