Old July 16th 03, 05:29 PM
Scott Moore

Bob Noel wrote:

In article , Scott Moore
wrote:

I never claimed that GPS was immune to jamming. I have stated, and I stand
by it, that it is pointless to argue about GPS jamming if the other,
existing services can also be jammed.

Then we'll just have to disagree. I'll stand by the fact that
GPS jamming can be achieved with much lower transmitted power
than for any of the other existing radio navaids. This is the relevant
point.

Well I sure feel safer knowing that Everready access stands in the way of the
terrorists !

But since nobody here has ever produced proof of either

what? you've never seen any proof that GPS can jammed and
quite easily?

Why do you think that certain transmitted VHF frequencies
have to be checked during a GPS installation?

What we have seen is lots of folks who like to make headlines, and very
little in the way of actual studies, including comparitive studies on
jamming GPS vs. jamming other services.

Again, again, and again as many times as you want to go around this
tree, if VOR can be jammed just as well as GPS, there is no reason
for chicken little to run around yelling about the vulnerability
of GPS. It makes no sense to claim that VOR is "better" based on
one sided distorted comparisions, which ignoring *any* ability to
jam VOR certainly is. I don't care if it costs $1000 to build a VOR
jammer vs. $100 for a GPS jammer. The fact that both can be jammed
is a relivant point, unless you are going to now argue that lack
of $900 can keep all these imagined terrorists ready to attack the
GPS system at bay.

Is there anything on your aircraft that can jam any other existing
radio navaid?

Whatever. We are back to mudslinging and lack of facts. I don't have
the ability to evaluate GPS jamming, nor VOR jamming, and you basically
have the ability to yell a lot. Neither is productive, but at least I am
honest about it.

--
Bob Noel

--
For most men, true happiness can only be achieved with a woman.
Also for most men, true happiness can only be achieved without a woman.