Old December 1st 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike

Default Transponder problems with ATC COMS - Video

"BT" wrote in message
No problems "A", I enjoy watching your Sundowner videos. I flew Sundowners
in the late 07s in Maine.
The older equipment is not so much easier to understand, but it's what "we
grew up with", you really want to have fun, take the full G1000 Course for
IFR operations. The transponder and autopilot are built into the system,
the transponder select codes are on the soft switches at the bottom of the
pilot side PFD and the code/reply lights etc are in a little window on the
screen.

The earlier G1000s don't have the integrated AP which is a bit of a PITA.
Once you get familiar with the system it almost makes IFR TOO easy as you
can do practically everything but taxi the plane to the ramp by just pushing
buttons.