Old August 23rd 10, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Default leading edge templates

On Aug 22, 7:25*pm, glider wrote:
Several years ago, we made templates along the leading edge of a
popular standard class sailplane . The particular sailplane was a
winner. It was shocking to compare the left and right wing contours
with these templated. Close? Not at all. But the sailplane went very
well.
*Then we did the same on another sailplane by another manufacturer.
The templates were identical left and right. Mirror image. As made in
a machine. Perfect. This particular sailplane *never did well. Not a
winner.
*Conclusion?
*set the flame on low,
*Thanks,
*GA

So you don't think the pilot had ANYTHING to do with it?

Put me in a JS1 and WE in my LS1. He'd still whip me...

With me in the JS1, I would just land out further away from home....

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA