Old December 8th 04, 09:31 AM

I have resisted until now, but I must say my peace.

First off, I was anticipating Mr. Borchert raising the "Aviation
consumer card"

A quick search of Florida's Secretary of State Corporations will yield
anyone a historical representation of Mr. Paul Bertorelli's ownership
in a group called MOA. Mooney Owner Association. Also his tail number
is a co-ownership that reveals even more. He is not only part owner,
but stands to profit from the proceeds in some of the products he
recommends I think.

After speaking with several other avionics manufacturers, as I built my
RV-6A, I quickly realized this empire of cloaking under "unbiased
reviews" yields more than just a measly journalistic paycheck.

Let's explore my observations shall we:

1. Mr. Borchert sells the Monroy devices and profits from the sell of
such units. Keyword search "Thomas Borchert Monroy"
or http://www.aeroversand.de/ATD_Long.htm (notice the family name at
the bottom)
2. Mr. Paul Bertorelli write *unbiased opinions* regarding such devices
and has a part interest in the MOA whom he also write articles
for(Mooney Owners of America)
http://www.moapilot.com/The_Mooney_P...nt_sept01.html
3. Mr. Monroy just so happens to own a Mooney and produce Mooney long
range tanks and has had past dealings which Mr. Bertorelli has
benefited from
4. Numerous avionics manufacturers have explicitly told me that they
have either been threatened by Paul, or been told to "conform" in order
to get positive reviews. This includes giving up websites for free for
his benefit.

I think it is sad that many people try and take advantage of GA pilots
like myself in such a crooked way.

This is just my opinion based on many months of research and talking
with various other GA enthusiasts. For some reason I'm sure Mr. Paul
Bertorelli or Thomas Borchert will be along soon to dispute all my
findings.