Old November 21st 16, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Radios Available

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 3:45:06 AM UTC-6, Steve Parker wrote:

Not just Germany, the whole of the European Union including the UK have to
change perfectly serviceable radios for 8.33 KHz spaced radios in the next
12 months or so.
There are and will be many thousands of perfectly serviceable radios that
will be surplus to requirements.
I am looking at a Becker AR4201 on my shelf that I removed from my glider a
couple of weeks ago, I think I will use it as a wheel chock.
Long live European bureaucracy!!!
Steve.

Be sure to paint your radio/wheel chock yellow first. You wouldn't want to leave it on the floor and accidentally run over it with your plane and damage a tyre!

Another Steve