Old September 11th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Why don't voice radio communications use FM?

RK Henry writes:

If you're honestly interested in learning, I think the best book I
could recommend is the FAA's publication "Instrument Flying Handbook."
Some may disagree with me, but I think it's an excellent text. I
bought mine years ago from the Government Printing Office, but I
notice that it can now be downloaded in PDF format.
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/a...ying_handbook/

Thanks. I had previously downloaded other stuff but I was not aware
of this.

There's really only one way to find out for sure. You might surprise
yourself. Challenging one's preconceptions often does that.

Maybe. If I join the idle rich one day I might try it.