Old February 9th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Ping: Toecutter

We paid wayyyy too much for one of these http://www.gustlock.com/, but it
came with a free Aztec. Honestly, it works very well, BUT since it locks
your rudder pedals and thus your nose wheel steering, make sure you put the
included "DO NOT TOW" tag on the nose wheel, or it will need a different
kind of toe tag.
Jim

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
newsKxGf.763019$_o.504139@attbi_s71...
(A)nyone who has a Cherokee needs to make sure the gust lock is in place
when the plane is tied down, every time.

Just curious -- what kind of "gust lock" do you use on your Cherokee?

I've only used the "seat belt" method, when I remember -- and I always
hate the way it cranks the stabilator up into the air.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA