Old June 28th 04, 04:03 PM
TTA Cherokee Driver

The Weiss Family wrote:

Thanks for the info.
If anyone else has any more numbers, that would be interesting as well.

My next move is to ask the club for their financials and charter (if they
have one).

Thanks again,

I belong to a club that has just over 200 members and 9 airplanes (10
currently but we're selling one that we just bought a replacement for).

Initation fee depends on the type of aircraft you want to fly and is
refundable when you leave: $300 for the 152s, $600 for the Warriors,
$1200 for the Mooneys. There's another $100 or so of nonrefundable fees
when you join, we do a driver license check and some other checks that
this pays for.

Monthly dues are $45. Hourly cost is $72 for the Warriors, $53 for the
152s, and $109 for the Mooneys. All wet. All club members are named
insureds on the club's policy. We have our own hangar/clubhouse that we
built on the ramp.

Compared to this your proposed club looks very expensive, but they do
have a better member to airplane ratio. On beautiful weekends it can
get tough to schedule a plane in my club. Here's our website:
http://www.wingsofcarolina.org