Old July 11th 07, 11:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default flaps

Longworth wrote:
I fly my own plane the same way that I flew rental planes. Every
so often, Rick and I would try to do some basic maneuvers such as slow
flight, steep turns, stalls, soft and short field landings. We have
the tires and brakes replaced about every 250 or so hours. I have no
ideas how much money we would have saved if we had 'babied' our plane.
IMHO, being proficient at short field landings may save my skin
someday and no amount of money is worth my life.

Hai Longworth

Couldn't have said it better myself.