Old November 20th 03, 08:47 AM
Tom S.

"Jeff" wrote in message
I had the PS Engineering 7000b audio panel and the PXE7300 AM/FM/CD
player.
My last airplane, I had put in a garmin audio panel and the PS
engineering PCD7100 CD player.

PSE charges a (apparent) premium that is well worth it.

From the few flights I have done so far, the PS engineering audio panel
is much better then the garmin audio panel. Crystal clear intercom and
music.

As for the Radio, its not the satellite radio, just normal AM/FM,
yesterday, I was able to receive a radio station in las vegas, the
entire way out to Lake Havasu (about 80 miles away).
I had always been under the impresion that you would lose the radio
station just outside of the city so this surprised me.

I take it you were listening to an FM station? In the White Mountains north
of Phoenix (Overgaard) I can get a few of the Phoenix FM stations in the
car. That is 113 miles from the transmitter on Phoenix South Mountain.
Overgaard is about 6650 feet MSL.

FM signals are line of sight, so from altitude, you should be able to pick
it up about as far as a VOR signal.

On the other hand, I regularly listen to KOA in Denver (a 50Kw AM station)
after midnight from a clock radio on the headboard of our bed.

But I am
impressed with the ps engineering stuff, very good, alot better then the
garmin one was. When someone would talk on the radio I would not miss a
single word, with my other setup (garmin audio panel) I would miss like
the first second of what ever someone said.