Old November 5th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
KevinBlack

Default Aircraft Ownership Spreadsheet

Hi,

Dreaming about owning a acft. Looking at 70s something Warrior II with 3 to
4 others. I've had a quick look on the web, but couldn't find anything that
suits. Does anyone have a comprehensive spreadsheet for calculating
ownership costs, you know where you put in fuel, hangarage, engine reserve,
maint reserve, upgrade reserve, insurance etc etc so I can get a feel for
the rtue operating costs.

Here in OZ (YSCB - the nation's capital) the cheapest (and only aircraft
hired by other than Brindabella Airlines - expensive and opressive currency
requirements, but they are the only game in town) is a C172N hired by
Canberra Aeroclub at $167/hr wet. All the other flight schools/hiring
establishments have closed down, so much for the future of GA. This acft is
being sold so that the club can leaseback one or two LSA type aircraft at a
cheaper rate (we'll see). The next available aircraft is at YGLB which is a
round trip of almost 3 hours ($160 for a Warrior II). It makes an hour of
circuits into an almost 5 hour excursion

It is now looking like owning your own aircraft might actually be a better
option than hiring. Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Kevin