Old July 13th 03, 11:26 PM
John T

"DeltaDeltaDelta" wrote in message

I read an interesting article in the papers a while ago concerning
hydrogen fuel cells. It made the point that the fuel cell can
actually be more polluting than an petrol engine since all the
hydrogen ejected into the atmosphere could have an adverse effect on
the oxygen in the air and possibly lead to a decrease of global
temperature...

Read it again. I believe you'll find that the authors are complaining about
the possible leaks in hydrogen production and transport. Here's a link
discussing the report:
http://www.nature.com/nsu/030609/030609-14.html

Fuel cells themselves are infinitely cleaner than petroleum fuels. The
hydrogen used in mass production cells may or may not be stored/transported
in gaseous form.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/tknoFlyer