Old May 18th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default TSA certified CFIs

You are mixing up two things. There is no test necessary, just need to
show a passport at the FSDO. I think you may be thinking of is the CFI
TSA certificate, something every CFI in the country is legally required
to have.

All of the instructors at my facility did the TSA training and
"certified" for annual records. We only have a few foreign students but
the boss wanted to get us all under the umbrella. The "training" course
is laughable and simply means you keep bucking it up a level to your
supervisor!!