Old September 5th 19, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default another crash

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 8:51:31 PM UTC-7, John Foster wrote:
On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 9:00:49 PM UTC-6, Charlie Quebec wrote:
As I previously stated, the canopy mounted head rest would have hit the back of the pilots head with some force when the canopy departed during the crash.

And this could break the pilot's neck. Or, the sudden deceleration of the crash could tear the aorta off the root at the hear or some other location, causing a rapid internal hemorrhage. Or there could be whiplash from crash which could break the neck.

Looking at the picture in the news article the front portion of the fuselage seems "almost" intact and there is no sign of the canopy...hmmm?
I happen to own a DG300.. My headrest is factory installed, it is adjustable via a handle and honestly I could never really get it tight enough for it to stay in the same place too long although its not much of a problem. If I were to bump it hard enough it will just tilt back.
I very much doubt it to be the culprit and kill someone. However the absence of the Roger hook could be a culprit?