Old June 25th 18, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Discus 2 Optimal CG location

Il giorno domenica 24 giugno 2018 21:05:51 UTC+2, Dave Springford ha scritto:
Can anyone advise the optimal CG location for a D2?

If the 2a and 2b have different optimal locations, I would like to know both.

TIA,

Dave

Not a long experience. I fly my Discus 2b from about 70 hours.
Not so much but in my opinion it fly better with not much backward load.
I fly mine about half the CG exursion (320-330mm).
One time I try it with more tail load but the glider became unstable and I
need to fly it faster in thermal. I really don't like it.
With a neutral CG in very weak condition I fly it at 42 kg/mq and I thermal it
at about 90-95 km/h without problem.
With avarage/good condition I fly it at about 45 kg/mq and I thermal at 105-110 km/h or more depending on how tight I need to turn.
No experience with more load (short runway).