Old January 30th 20, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Best vario for airmass awareness across the speed range

On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 12:28:22 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Jim White wrote on 1/29/2020 7:06 AM:
Arse and eyes??

Even 40 years of soaring thousands of hours, I find most varios, and especially
the Glide S, are superior to my arse and eyes. Not in every situation, but
overall, you'd want the Glide S on the panel instead of me in the back seat.

My experience is the opposite. The vario is there to confirm and quantify what I have already felt.
UH