Old November 26th 04, 01:18 AM
'Vejita' S. Cousin

In article Fuspd.85361$V41.50473@attbi_s52,
Here's another credit card mystery: Why the hell does ANYONE use any card
but Discover? Everyone else charges to use their cards, while Discover
actually PAYS you to use their card -- yet they are a distant third or
fourth in the industry.

Marketing is everything to American consumers, I guess...

Well in my case I don't have a 'real' credit card. I have a debit visa
(work just the same). I keep most of my spendable money in checking then
use the Visa the same as cash. If I can't afford something then I don't
buy it.
I've thought about getting a real credit card (just in case) and if I
did so it would most likely be through my credit union (because it's just
easier). _IF_ I was forced to use a real credit card I would pay it off
in less than 60 days (to avoid the interest).
I had a real credit card for about 7yrs, but always paid it off. When
debit visa came out I cancelled it.
The thing about Discover is that it's not accepted everywhere I go, so
I can't use it the same as cash as I can a debit visa.