Old September 26th 03, 10:29 PM
David Megginson

(John Galban) writes:

Many airports will not rent you a hangar unless you have the
N-number of the plane that will reside there. As for a seller
waiting for you to line up a parking spot, I've never heard of that
happening. Most folks I know just buy the airplane, get an outside
tiedown, then start looking for a permanent parking space. At my
airport, it's a good idea to get on the waiting list approximately
10 years before you buy the airplane.

It's a different story around Ottawa -- new hangar-construction
projects are aggressively soliciting tenants. A plan to build hangars
on the north field at CYOW fell apart from lack of interest, but
people are still trying at other airports. Personally, I cannot
imagine paying a couple of hundred/month or more just to hangar my
Warrior. If it were an expensive, fancy plane, maybe (but I notice
that even the Bonanzas, Barons, and Navajos on my field stay outside).

All the best,

David