Old November 2nd 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_1_]

Default Modular Gliders

on aircraft with removable wings, how do the regs approach the
possibility of you using wings from some other glider on your fuselage?
I suspect that on certified gliders, there is some sort of serial
number associated with the wings that match it to the glider, but how
about experimentals? Could I take some wings off someone elses
Cherokee II and put on my fuselage and go fly? what if those wings
hadnt had a condition inspection in the last year but my fuselage has?
Would it be legal if the wings had had a condition inspection? Lets
say you are landing out in your long winged certified glider and take
out a tree with one wing. rest of glider is ok but that one wing is
toast. Is the wing technically "rebuilt" where the serial number from
the busted wing is attached to a good wing?

In other news, anyone know where a Cherokee II project is laying
around? Not for me but I know of a need for a set of wings. Otherwise
Im consiering taking the other fuselage, bolting it to mine and making
the worlds first two cockpit glider, similar to the two cockpit P51
from late WWII. I figure itll be a great way to teach other people how
to fly cross country in crappy gliders. plus when they want to move up
in performance, i can just remove one of the fuselages.

If you havent figured it out, the season in Iowa is pretty much over,
let the real fun begin!