Old December 21st 05, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Two Mounth Idle Engine

On 20 Dec 2005 10:48:03 -0800, "Chuck" wrote:

With all this talk in another post about the engine making metal and
being idle for a couple of months makes me wonder.
I'm planning to be in AZ for a couple of months ( to escape the OH
winter) and the Archer is staying home this trip. So, what is the
recomendation for the engine. PIckle it? Have someone run it a couple
of times? Do nothing? What's the wisdom of the group?

Personally, I would not let it sit idle for 2 months. You will get
varying opinions from the newsgroup, other pilots, and Lycoming.
Bottom line if you end up needing a top or major before TBO, you will
always wonder if those 2 months were the cause. Find a friend to fly
it, or get a CFI to fly it. It is cheap insurance.