Old June 30th 20, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default GP 15 Jeta

kinsell wrote on 6/30/2020 5:50 AM:
On 6/29/20 10:01 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
kinsell wrote on 6/29/2020 4:15 PM:
On 6/29/20 4:21 PM, Ramy wrote:
Do folks really sell their gliders so that they can pay deposit on a glider
which was not built yet, knowing how common big delays are even with the most
established factories? Why would anyone do that? If you really must sell your
glider to buy another, buy a used glider. So many great used gliders in like
new conditions out there which you can buy instantly. If you really want a
brand new glider you never seen before, than you should be able to afford the
financial risk and be able to keep your glider meanwhile. Otherwise it does
not make sense neither financially nor flying wise.
Personally I think the GP15 sounds great, I will wait until they fly around
for few years and are available for resale.

Ramy

Not necessarily to pay a deposit.* GP was offering discounts for paying upfront
for the gliders.* Everyone loves a discount, right? For someone wanting to move
up to a motorglider and marginally able to afford it, they might think selling
the existing glider and taking the discount was a good idea.* In hindsight,
they probably wouldn't do it again.

Nadler says to wait until the new glider is on the boat before selling the old
one.* Maybe good enough for a mainline vendor, but with certain less
established vendors, maybe should wait until it's on the boat, delivered, CoA
issued, and half a dozen test flights under your belt.

Perhaps a good plan if your glider is number 5 or less; after that, you have
some history to aid your "sell" decision. Mine number is 12 or so, so there will
be a track record before mine is even on the boat.

Whoa!!* The November article said the order book in the U.S. stood at 23, and that
must have been written in about September.* I personally know four people who
placed orders, and i don't get out much.

Raul has said he is 12-15th-ish, and he placed his order May 2017. Unless you've
been keeping a secret for a number of years, there's no way you're really #12.
Unless you paid a bunch of money to jump the line.

I smell something rotten in Denmark.* Or should I say Korczyna?

The numbering is just a guess, as the contract is by date, not serial number.
Raul's glider is scheduled about 3 or 4 months ahead of mine. The important point
is there will be a delivery history to guide me when it's time to think of selling
the ASH26E.