Old May 12th 04, 09:08 PM
Rich S.

"OSKI 3" wrote in message
Need a powered tow unit for a Grumman AA5. Can't afford a Million bucks,
but am looking for a used unit that might be affordable. If you know of

one,
let me know please.

Bill Oparowski
N10SX

Not sure about what you need. If you are talking about a self-contained
unit, sort of like an electric towbar, I would make one using the 12VDC
electric winch, a couple of wheels, a heavy-duty sealed cell tractor
battery, some tubing (conduit?), and a welder.

If you are a bit more flexible, I'd buy a used rear-rider mower and hook a
towbar on it. While you're shooting touch & go's, your wife/girlfriend can
mow the grass in front of the hangar. :-)

Rich S.