Old August 5th 03, 03:20 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Jack McAdams wrote:

Counterpoint to the Lightspeed QA 'issue':

Jack, with all respect, I don't think it's a counterpoint. You
had one of a handful of known problems with the 20XL -- earpieces
delaminating. People have 20 yr old DC's where the earpieces are
like new.

I have a 20XL and a 30XL. Both have performed flawlessly from the day
I got them. Maybe I'm just lucky, but that never happens!

Always a first time...but what's a 30XL? I never heard of it.
Do you mean a 25XL?

When I
asked about the cost for the new earpieces she seemed surprised - it
was free and they pay the shipping. Hard to beat that kind of service!

My experience is that Lightspeed is 100% customer-oriented. Of course,
your mileage may vary.

I don't think anyone has any complaints about Lightspeed's customer
service. They have fixed out-of-warranty headsets for us at NC etc.
They have paid the shipping to us, however, if we have to return
a product to them multiple times our shipping to them does start to
add up.

The real issue is *how often some people need* their excellent customer
support.

As someone said "practice makes perfect".

I would prefer a company like Maytag alleges itself to be, where the
product is so reliable that one never gets the chance to experience
the customer service.

You would be a counterpoint, IMO, if you'd had 2 Lightspeed headsets
for 5 years and had absolutely no idea whatsoever what their customer
support is like.

YMMV,
Sydney