Old November 18th 04, 05:16 PM
Mark James Boyd

I suppose this is a good question for him if you
can make it to the SSA convention. Or I'll ask him for you

I don't know who got this to happen, but they should get a reeeeel
nice Christmas card too...

In article ,
Ian Cant wrote:
Since SpaceshipOne is a [motor]glider, I would guess
that the record tow to altitude is held by the White
Knight, no ?

Or are Shuttles also recognized as [motor]gliders,
in which case the recyclable boosters and/or external
fuel tank might make a counter-claim ?

Ian

At 16:24 18 November 2004, Andrew Warbrick wrote:
Presumably this will be more than one aerotow unless
the Germans have perfected in flight refuelling for
Wilgas.

At 16:06 18 November 2004, Robs-Birds wrote:
Thought this might be of interest forwarded from another
forum.

Rob

On November 9, 2004 a team started at Porta Westfalica
in Germany for a
World-record flight, by which a glider will be towed
over 11.900 km from
Porta Westfalica in Germany to Naua Naua lodge in Namibia
in Africa. On this
flight Kimberly Janes Marx 'the black Baroness' flies
the Wilga D-EWBS which
is used as tower-tugger for the two-seat glider D3281.
A report about this
flight is at their website: http://www.f-schlepp.de.vu
(this site is in
German).