Old July 3rd 06, 12:35 AM posted to alt.global-warming,rec.aviation.owning

Default Nothing good about Ethanol (moved for topic)

In rec.aviation.owning Coby Beck wrote:
wrote in message
news
In rec.aviation.owning Coby Beck wrote:

snip

Where does that leave the rest of us?

Ancient literature.

Why not scientific evidence?

Why not the records from the people that were alive at the time?

Perhaps the Romans were the pawn's of Big Oil?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:2...Comparison.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:H...Variations.png

England was a big wine producer during the Roman period and for a while
after the Romans.

England became too cold for wine production about a millenium ago.

Uh, that is supposed to have been the Medieval Warm Period. You have a poor
grasp of the facts.

You have a poor grasp of reading graphs.

According to your graph refenced above (depending on who's data your use),
the "little ice age" started about a millenium ago.

So what's your problem?

As an aside I find it interesting the graph is asymetrical with the
positive varience going to +.6 and the negative going to about -1.1
degrees.

It makes the positive excursions look impressive.

I would also question the placement of zero and the lack of any mention
of what zero is supposed to represent.

Looking at the same source for a period of 450 thousand years, it looks
like we are currently a little on the cool side.

From that graph I would be more worried about global cooling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...emperature.png

It is now almost warm enough in England *AGAIN* to produce decent wine.

In specific answer to the "grapes used to grow in England" bit, I like to
point people he

http://www.english-wine.com/index.html

I'm well aware England is again growing grapes and making wine.

I'm also well aware from writting of the times that England grew a
lot of grapes during Roman times and up to about the beginning of the
little ice age, at which time production just about ceased.

It is only in recent time (in terms of centuries) that it has been
warm enough to start producing in quantity again.

Perhaps you should close your web browser, turn off the computer,
and read a few good books, preferably in the original Latin.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.