Old February 8th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Lieberma

Default bad vectors, no hand off

"Wyatt Emmerich" wrote in
:

Controllers forgetting to hand you off to tower is a fairly common
problem in the IFR environment, especially when it's practice. I just
say something like "Should I got to tower" and that usually does the
trick.

*smile*

If I don't get transferred to tower within a couple of miles from the FAF,
I was told by my instructor to "report" my position to appraoch controllers
as a memory jogger that I am still with them.

I.E. Jackson Approach 43L one mile outside Brenz.

Usually, approach will come back and then say 43L, contact tower on 1xx.xx

Allen