Old July 11th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default (USA) Handicapping...

Ray was the CD - and did a great job, as usual.

The combined 15 Meter and Std class worked well (Std had a 2 %
handicap bonus), with a Standard winning the first day (raw and
handicapped) and a 15 M winning the second, and unfortunately, final
day. Weather cost us the first two and last two days - with the two
flown days having real "character-building" tasks!

Ionia is still a great place to have a contest - friendly and
professional operation, GREAT site, landout-friendly local terrain
(which got a workout on the last day). We just need more people to
show up and race! Oh, and better luck with the weather, of course...

Rumor at the final pilots meeting was that they are looking at moving
next year's contest to sometime in August, so as to have less conflict
with other contests.

Ron Clark won the Sports Class in his Ventus 2C - 18 meter wings were
really nice to have this week.

Some clown in an LS6 won the Standard & 15M class...

Kirk
LS6-b "66"
"Winglets? We dont need no stinkin' winglets!"