Old March 16th 13, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default FLARM antenna question (hindrance from metal)

On Friday, March 15, 2013 11:28:44 AM UTC-4, bumper wrote:
Dave,
Just to be clear, my reply to 2NO wasn't uninformed RAS speculation.
I simply did not go into detail as to the reasons why, when I wrote,
"Also, be sure to keep the coaxial cable running straight away from
the antenna for a few inches - - don't run it alongside the radial.".

bumper

No worries bumper, no one is going to accuse you of being uninformed !
See ya, Dave "YO electric"