Old January 18th 18, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default More 3's?

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 1:13:46 PM UTC-8, wrote:
With tried and true Ventus 3 and JS3, wonder how long before the ASG-33?

Since Michael Greiner left Schleicher a few years ago it wouldn't be an "ASG". I have not seen anything that would make me want to make a decision between a Ventus 3; JS-3 or ASG-29, other than the 29 is an older design. The ventus cannot get to as high a wing loading of the of the 29 nor the Js-3.. While the JS-3 can get to the highest wing loading, it is light on established norms of wing area and apparently one needs to thermal it at higher speeds than the JS-1C. Remember the issues with both the LS-7 nd ASW-24? I am sure they are all great gliders, 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Could be one glider might me better for strong conditions (Js-3) and another better in lighter conditions (V3) and one might be the perfect balance between the two (ASG-29) or might not. However, if I was in a position to purchase I would want to wait at least until after this race season to see how the gliders compare. Now if S-H came out with a Qunitus 2!