Old November 14th 03, 11:47 PM
SeeAndAvoid

I have 2 16 year old TKM (Michel) MX300's, and their still doing great.
If you're looking for a cheap replacement unit and are used to using your
radios, this is an easy choice. Not the best choice, but for the money a
fine functioning unit. They don't have a built-in Glideslope, but you
probably already have a separate one. If you have a newer audio panel, the
audio from COM & NAV are not separate, same audio channel.
I thought I had to ditch mine as power would cut out, or I'd only transmit
carrier with no modulation. But got a new audio panel (PS Engineering
PMA7000B) and fixed tons of questionable wiring from previous owner, and the
radios work and sound terrific. The avionics shop, who isnt a big fan of
these cheap slide-in replacements, was pretty impressed. So they'll stay
for a little while longer. I think you can get them for about $1,500.
Good luck, Chris

"Bill T." wrote in message
hi-

i have an old Cessna (arc) 300 series 100 channel nav-com i'd like to
replace. (it's a cc-312A).

is there a slide-in replacement for this radio avail? or any used
radios that will slide into this chasis?

thanks for any advice!