Old October 29th 03, 09:54 PM
Teacherjh

A CFI with airplane single-engine rating but not instrument-airplane (not a
CFII) gives flight instruction [...] in the clouds, with the private pilot
flying.
Can the CFI log instrument time under FAR 61.51(g)(2):

My understanding is that the CFI can log it as instruction given, the student
can log it as dual received, but the instruction does not count towards the
instrument rating.

Nothing prevents even a private pilot from teaching anybody, but the
instruction given can't count as instruction towards ratings unless the
instructor is appropriately rated (or is that certificated?).

Jose