Old April 7th 16, 07:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default FLARM - Which version do I need to be on?

OK, the first flight of the season here in Southern California with fellow FLARM pilots showed a failure to identify each other.

WX is on v6.02
JS is on v6.05

We both could not see each other's position. I though that as long as I'm on v6.xx, the different point numbers are not significant. Apparently, I'm incorrect. After scouring the FLARM.com web site, it is not clear. This statement is not very clear:

"From the March 2015 Update, every FLARM device needs to be updated with the latest firmware version at least once per year (rolling 365 days). This has to be part of the Aircraft Maintenance Program (AMP). The entry in the AMP is to be made during installation. If you have a FLARM installation that is not previously monitored by the AMP, an entry should be made as soon as possible."

Well, I did update my FLARM once in April 2015... is that not "once per year"? I don't understand what the AMP thing is about.

If I (WX), upgraded to the "latest firmware", v6.06, would I be compatible with my fellow FLARM user on v6.05?

I don't see a contact address or support forum on the FLARM web site. Can anyone here clear up the version policy of FLARM firmware?

Walter Rogers WX