Old November 19th 03, 06:27 AM
Aaron Coolidge

Steven Barnes wrote:
: One of my co-owners flew the plane a couple days after the digits vanished
: on me. He said it worked fine. Hmmm.
: I was very cold on my flight. Enough that I could see my breath. I wonder if
: that had something to do with it.

I have seen a couple digits on one of my KX155's stop working in extreme
cold. I haven't been able to fix this, except by GENTLY pushing in on
the translucent lens, which makes them come back on. Usually by 1000' AGL
climbing out they're back on and stay OK for the rest of the day.
I suspect there are some questionable contacts that the extreme cold
makes, uh, more questionable.

--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)