Old December 20th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default USS Midway Museum

John Carrier wrote:
SNIP

yep, of the 3 CVs I served in, the Midway-maru was a class act...great
flying all the time and no 'workup' blues..we were on cruise all the
time!!

I was in VF-151 at a great time, new F-4S, great CO of the CV, saw all
the places that westpac squadrons long to see, Singapore, HongKong,
Australia, PI about a zillion times, Korea(flew there), all around
great 30 months...

Pretty good for flying, like being on buildups the whole time. Tough on the
family if an accompanied tour.

R / John

Tell me about it. First 365 days I was in VF-151, I was gone 287 of
them..makes your family better or worse, never stays the same. Glad I
have a bride that wanted to travel, and also a good mama-san for two
little kids.