Old December 29th 03, 03:51 AM
Peter R.

John H. Kay wrote:

How do the new glass cockpits (Garmin or Avidyne) indicate rate of turn,

snip

I asked this question at a G1000 demo and was shown that the rate of
turn indicator is located just above the heading indicator. In fact,
the pointer of the rate of turn indicator is also the pointer for the
heading indicator.

Seeing that the pointer for both was the same, I asked the Garmin rep if
the rate scale, rather than the pointer, will move during a turn. He
did not know the answer, but in thinking about it, he agreed that it
made sense that the scale will move.

Regarding the "ball" to indicate turn coordination, I didn't have a
chance to ask about that.

--
Peter