Old December 29th 03, 07:19 PM
Mike Rapoport

Are you going to use any conventional instruments for redundancy? I have a
Murphy Moose kit on order and I am thinking ahead about what I want as far
as instruments and avionics go. I am considering both conventional and
glass cockpit types. I am weighing the weight and ease of installation
heavily against cost. It would be nice to forgo the vacuum system
altogether.

Mike
MU-2

"Jim Harper" wrote in message
m...
Let's see if anyone else knows.

Well, I can't address the Garmin 1000, but I am finishing up an RV-8A
with a glass cockpit...Blue Mountain Avaition EFIS 1 and a Garmin-AT
CNX-80.

I have no commercial involvement with Blue Mountain (well, they DO
have my $20K, but other than that...). If you want to see some pics of
how the Flight Director looks, go to www.bluemountainaviation.com.

Regarding standard rate turns, but blue mountain has ticks on the
flight director that represent standard rate turns. Actually, and
pretty cool, it is "aware" of the airspeed, so it sets the ticks to
cause a standard rate regardless of how fast I am going. There is an
artificial ball at the bottom of the flight director.

For backup, I have also added an electic T&B, which has that old
reliable sprirt level ball on it.

Hope that helps.

Jim