Old December 22nd 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Crazy Buy of the Week

On Dec 22, 8:33*am, Tony V wrote:

At the risk if being pedantic, that is not what inert gas means and
nitrogen is far from being inert. An inert gas is one that is
(essentially) chemically non-reactive like helium, argon, etc. Nitrogen
is easily reactive with NO2 possibly being the best known nitrogen compound.

Maybe DG can sell nitrogen for their tires? *:-)

Yeah, maybe someone should give them a call. LOL!

Tony V. LS6-b

My bad, Tony. Inert is non-reactive, not "doesn't support
combustion".

But, I will still stick with my 78% nitrogen fill in my tires and
regular checking of the pressure.

Steve