Old December 14th 03, 06:31 PM
Greg Hopp

"Newps" wrote in message

I started with one glue on pad. In the
unheated hangar I was in at the time it didn't get my oil warm enough.
So I put a second one on next to the first. Now, with a Kennon nose
mitten on, the oil gets to and stays at 100F. Each CHT and EGT gets to
and stays at 80F. So for $35 for each pad I laugh at the fools who
spend $150+ for the exact same thing

I truly hope you are never ramp checked or worse yet have an accident where
the insurance company will not payoff because the aircraft is not airworthy.
Tractor parts are simply not legal on certified aircraft.

Besides, why would you go to the expense of buying the Kennon nose
mitten (not cheap by the looks of it) and then skimp on the measly $75
you saved for an unapproved sump heater?

I've got my logbook entry and A&P signoff on the installation (thanks
to this thread!) and don't feel like a lemming at all.

Best,

Greg