Old May 14th 05, 11:49 AM
Michelle P

Actually most of of us DC based pilots are at least PP-ASEL. ;-)
THe TSA stopped by the airport yesterday (Hyde Field). We had a nice
chat. I asked how close they came to being shot down.
Had they ventured over the river they would be in the river right now.
Stick a fork in the PIC he is done.
If the TSA is any indication of the damage done by these two will be
short lived. THey realize it was the actions of two idiots and not the
rest of us.
Michelle

Hilton wrote:

Hi,

To summarize:
- PIC was ASEL (not a CFI etc etc)
- No WX briefing
- Passenger was a student pilot (essentially a passenger for the flight)
- PIC froze
- Student took over and landed
- Came very close to being shot down
- PIC will have his certificate revoked
- No action against the student - more positive comments than negative

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7847287

Hilton