Old February 27th 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
R. Gardner

Default Helicopter Pilot Recieves Medal of Honor

I knew people in that unit just after this battle, but I to saw the movie
and then had to get the book. The book and reports I heard really showed
how close the movie was to the truth which is rare. As a side note one of
the plattoon leaders died in at the twin towers on 9-11-01.

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
R. Gardner wrote:

Bruce Crandall finally received what I think was long over due! If you
saw the movie "We Were Soldiers", he was the pilot that repeatedly flew
back into the hot LZ to bring in supplies and more importantly flew out
wounded. This was one well deserved medal.

Congrats Bruce

I just saw this on the news and it was indeed long overdue. I saw the
movie and was so intrigued that I bought the book. Both were just
outstanding and helped me better understand why many returning from
Vietnam were so changed. That man must absolutely have ice water in his
veins.

Matt