Old April 23rd 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Sun N Fun '07 Redux

This was my first time, and I really enjoyed meeting Jay and Mary and
soaking up my first 'big fly-in/airshow experience'.
I was only there for Thursday afternoon and all day Friday, and didn't
camp, but it's a start I think I at least managed to see every
part of the grounds with the exception of Choppertown (which required
a tram ride), including a trip out to Lake Parker for a couple of
hours.

The Piper Jet mockup was indeed there, along with lots of other VLJs
and LSAs. I agree that some of the LSAs are almost indistiguishable
from larger aircraft at a distance. It was actually a little odd
seeing them flying around with the ultralights in the pattern at
Paradise City, and at least one landing I watched by one of the
sleeker LSAs pushed the limits of the grass strip length.

I liked Cirrus' marketing scheme. They gave away T-shirts advertising
their new Generation 3 aircraft to anyone who would agree to wear them
out of the booth. I was surprised I didn't see more people wearing
them, but I think the deal was an 'open secret' as I only found out
about it by overhearing the lady at the booth talking to another
customer.

--
Allen Johnson
Raleigh, NC